Breast cancer is quite common in females. There are several reasons that are responsible for the cause of breast cancer. The leading cause of breast cancer is an unhealthy diet. Breast cancer is mostly noticed in females, but men are also affected by breast cancer.
What is breast cancer?
Breast cancer can occur in both sexes, although it is more common in females. Breast cancer embarks in the cells of the breast. Usually, breast cancer starts in the milk glands of the breast tissue. It is distinguished by the uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells in the breast. The forming of lumps and the mass is called a tumor. If the breast cancer is left untreated, then these cancerous cells can conquer the surrounding tissues. Breast cancer potentially spreads to other parts of the body through the lymphatic system and bloodstream. The best doctor guides you about breast cancer at the best cancer hospital in Ludhiana.
What are the causes of breast cancer?
There are different factors that can cause breast cancer.
- Density in the tissue: The woman’s breast contains thousands of tiny glands. These are called lobules. Lobules are also known as milk glands. The tissue of glands is very dense. The women who have denser tissue are at a higher risk of breast cancer. The denser tissue gives more space for the development of cancer cells.
- Hormonal replacement therapy and contraceptive pills: Hormonal replacement therapies cause breast cancer if it is taken more than once in six months. Except for vaginal estrogen, other HRP can be a reason for breast cancer. Many women take contraceptive pills.
- Radiations of X-rays and swelling and lumps in the skin: The radiations of X-rays are dangerous for health. If a person had any X-ray and CT done, then they have a high chance of breast cancer.
Are older women at high risk of breast cancer?
Older women are at higher risk of breast cancer. Breast cancer risk increases with age, and the majority of breast cancer cases occur in women over the age of 50. The risk continues to rise as women get older. It is important to note that breast cancer can occur at any age, and younger women can also develop the disease. Regular screening, like mammograms, is important for all women, especially as they age, to detect breast cancer early when it is most treatable.
Treatment of breast cancer.
Breast cancer is treated in different ways. It depends on the kind of breast cancer and how far it has spread. People with breast cancer get the appropriate treatment.
- Surgery: Surgery is suggested when the conditions are critical. An operation where doctors cut out the cancer.
- Chemotherapy: Using particular medicines to shrink or kill the cancer cells. The drugs can be pills you take, medicines given in your veins, or sometimes both.
- Hormonal therapy: Blocks cancer cells from getting the hormones they need to grow.
- Biological therapy: Works with your body’s immune system to help it fight cancer cells or to control side effects from other cancer treatments.
- Radiation therapy: Using high-energy rays to kill the cancer cells.
Nowadays, breast cancer is a very common problem in women. If you have breast cancer, you should visit Union Super Speciality Hospital, which is known as the Best Super Speciality Hospital in Ludhiana.